Friday 25 November 2011

Anorak's Wishlist

By Cathy Olmedillas - Anorak

Yay, it’s the festive season! I love Christmas mainly because I love gifting, and seeing my nearest and dearest’s faces when they unwrap their presents. Magical!

Here’s Anorak’s guide to buying happy things for the festive season for kids & grown-ups.



Wonderfully researched maps with great themes, such as Clandestine London (my favourite) or It’s Nice to be Alone in Paris.
 
If there’s one blog I visit regularly it is the wonderful KickCan & Conkers. Founder, Deborah, has impeccable tastes and her finds never ceases to amaze me. The brilliant news is that a shop will be added to it in the next couple of weeks! I cannot wait to see Deborah’s selection, I am sure it will be fabulous.
Chicken Rhythm’s iron-on patches are so cool that I have been known to iron them on just like that, even when a garment does not need patching up. The perfect stocking fillers.
When it comes to fun presents guaranteed to make you smile, such as Ride-A-Dad tee-shirt, political pants or man tote bags with the statement “I have totally forgotten what she sent me out for”, Twisted Twee are simply my favourite.

Studio Tipi are a couple of very talented Canadian illustrators whose work is simply enchanting. Their Christmas cards capture perfectly the happy (& nostalgic) folklore that surrounds the festive season, which I love.

I love this range because it is genuinely cheerful, with all its bright colours and happy statements.


Playmobil features high on our list to Santa this year. I love the fact that after all these years, Playmobil is still loved by kids in pretty much the same way as we loved it in the 70s. Besides, everyone is happy in Playmobil land, even the ghosts.


No comments:

Post a Comment