Wednesday 9 November 2011

‘Best of British’ at Spirit of Christmas

By Shoshana Kazab - Fuse Communications

As if we needed any more reminders the ‘Big C’ is on its way, last week saw the return of the ever popular Spirit of Christmas fair in London’s Olympia.

I decided to set myself a challenge for Christmas, only buy gifts for children, both designed and made in the UK!


A wonderful family business I’m ashamed to say I wasn’t familiar with before the show. Around for 31 years, all the bears are lovingly made in the UK by Kerstin Blackburn and until today, continue to be designed by her artist father.

Their workshops are located in a small village in rural Kent and these bears really are heirloom pieces that will last a lifetime.

I fell in love with Verity, a funky natural organic cotton bear. RRP £75.



Lovely interiors and homewares brand spotted at Bubble London in January 2010, offer colourful over-sized ‘Love Letters’ in a range of prints and fabrics. RRP £45 to £65.


For fellow thrifty shoppers I loved this reversible bunting. With ‘Merry Christmas’ on one side and ‘Happy Birthday’ on the other! With an RRP of £39.50 it’s not strictly speaking a bargain but very luxurious and will last for many years.



A gorgeous British children’s wear label designed by Camilla Ridley for babies from 18 months up to 10 years old.

Her designs are unmistakably British with detailing and the use of eye-catching and delicate Liberty prints throughout.

Of course I couldn’t end the day without buying something small for myself! So I treated myself to this fab Trilby hat for the bargain price of £29!

Perfect for the drizzly weather as I made my way out of the exhibition hall laden with some rather fabulous, Best of British, purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment